NAS Recovery final lesson - Practice part
Task - Full-scale NAS data recovery from a "black box"
In this task we offer you to recover data from the real NAS disks came from a 4-bay NetGear.
Now there are three disks and no more information about the NAS.
Your task is to do NAS data recovery and get folders and files including data recovery posters in TIF format.
In addition, you need to answer the following questions:
Download disk image files
- What partitioning scheme is used on the NAS disks?
- How many RAIDs are there on the NAS disks?
- How many disks were there in the original NAS?
- Whether a missing disk is involved?
- How much user data is stored on the NAS?
- What filesystem is used on the NAS?
3 disk image files compressed to a ZIP archive, ~700 MB
What we did in these situations
For a reference point, see what we did and what we were able to figure out - download PDF with our notes
Continue to test